View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 09:58   #3
matmatmat
VOC Member

Thanks Tjoffroader, the guy I bought it from commuted between York and Sheffield, so you could have well passed each other in Doncaster at some point too!

Great to hear the results of the swirl flap arm. Mine's in the post and hopefully arriving today. I'm going to take it one step at a time so one's that's in I'll look more into the MAF and and cleaning out the ERG.

I actually hadn't heard about the carbon cleaning but that sounds interesting. Read a lot of conflicting opinions but will check it out further. It'd be good to hear if anyone else has an experience with it on a D5. I had considered a DPF clean as wel. As it stands there's no cause for alarm but just like the rest of the engine, with 160k over 15 years I can imagine most parts would benefit from some form of cleaning.

I've also got some new horns on the way so will be having the bumper off to fit them and will take a look at the intercooler as well. No visible signs of failure but can't hurt to check further. I might even be able to diagnose my lack of rear windscreen washer fluid!

I got the DICE/VIDA from a forum member here, cheshired5. Should hopefully have the DICE through next week but got VIDA all setup on a spare laptop. It's been a huge help so far though just having that database of parts and repair guidance.

If you do end up having the carbon clean, it'd be great to hear the results!
matmatmat is offline   Reply With Quote