View Single Post
Old Jul 12th, 2022, 14:33   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHailKingVolvo View Post
Thanks Dave! Alas it’s proving somewhat more troublesome than I had anticipated. I’ve cracked off the banjo bolts to the injectors (one by one, then all together to see if that cleared anything) whilst the car was being cranked and I still can’t get any fuel through. The only injector getting fuel seems to be the cold start injector (I managed to get fuel through the banjo to this one when cracked off), which is of course electronically controlled rather than pressure activated so doesn’t need the pressure.

Am I right in thinking this indicates a fuel distributor fault? I’d imagine even if the pump was weak (which it shouldn’t be as it’s new! There would still be fuel coming through the injector feed pipes, as the injectors themselves are what hold pressure and release it when required, as I understand it.

I’m foxed by this…I know it’s a relatively simple system which makes it all the more frustrating that the car has been off the road for three months now with an issue I can’t fix!
I think you need to lift the lid on the fuel distributor Phil. It's a long time since i've done one so can't remember much now but i think there's 8-10 bolts/screws round the edge then lift it vertically, being careful not to drop anything. A sheet of something white under the car will help find anything that does drop.
I suspect the airflap mech and/or the valve operated by it is the problem, you have fuel pressure in the distributor or you wouldn't have it at the CSI so it points to the metering mech/valve operated by the air flap.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: