View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 09:49   #4
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saftlad View Post
I'm on the market for a MY21 XC60, probably Pro model for the air suspension and would like it to have ACC. After the Volvo weekend at the end of April, it looks like a lot of dealerships have pretty much cleared their stocks, so I'll have to wait for the right one to come along. 1st preference is a XC60, but XC90 is not off the cards, though it is a bit larger than needed.

Many of the current offerings come with 22in wheels, that I'm really not keen on. Such low-profile tyres have given a poor ride in the past in my experience, and the risk of kerbing so much greater. If I asked the dealer to swap them for smaller, what are chances of them agreeing? I guess if you don't ask...

The main reason for the post is that we tow a 1650Kg caravan currently, with a BMW 530d and love the torque, especially on the hills around Devon & Cornwall.

Does anyone with a T8 tow, and are there any issues when you've run out of battery and relying solely on the petrol engine for pull?

Not a caravaner but have towed utility trailers >1 tonne with a T8. You always have AWD or power mode available (forced continuous ICE running) regardless of battery status. You’ll pay at the pumps however.

Note, though not yet physically confirmed on this forum I believe, but the fuel fired aux heater has, it seems, been dropped for MY22, so suggest check if your looking at MY21 / MY21.5 / MY22 cars

D76
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Director76 For This Useful Post: