View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 16:50   #8
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudy85 View Post
Thanks so much for very quick respond.
Volvo told me there is no need to change it but if i want to it will cost me £418

I have done only 20k so far. I will start to look for some garage that can do it right and not be rip off
25k is far to frequently. This is a sealed for life box with high quality fluid and as it degrades the transmission control module updates the shift.

I did mine at 68,000 miles and the fluid was dark in colour, ready for a change and such however had no burnt smell or suspended contaminants visible on tissue etc.

If it were me personally I would not do it each 25k as the cost to do the replacements to 150k would be more than a reconditioned box!

Having seen mine at 70k I won’t be leaving it any longer but every 50k would be more than adequate in my opinion.

It’s not a hard task (or wasn’t on my mark 1) so personally I would do it myself.

The Aisin Warner box used in the Volvo is used to huge mileages in the Toyota and Lexus brands in earlier versions. I would be tempted to follow their change guidelines which I don’t believe will be each 20k.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: