Thread: 240 General: - 240 Turbo conversion
View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 22:09   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvC View Post
Entirely NOT helpful lol. I don't need anymore temptations. Have you known anyone to do it in the UK?
The way i see it is if you're going to be tempted, be tempted by something that not many others will have and even better if it's something you can't get "off the shelf".

The LS 400 1UZ is still tunable but with a starting figure of #250bhp and that lovely V8 rumble (they sound nice decatted with straight through boxes, one in my village like it) and torque, you may not want to go too mad on the tuning. To get a red block, even a turbo one to 250bhp, you've still got to spend money and put more stress on the engine.

If the 240 you buy was registered before cats were mandatory then even fitting a newer engine wouldn't alter the emissions so you could decat it and only have to get it under 3.5% CO and 1200ppm HC for the emissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugjam1999 View Post
I do

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread...ke-best-noises

Have a read of this thread.... a good read even if you don’t want to take that route.

Cheers
Thanks for that, definitely a good read but i had to stop or i would have been buying a "spares or repairs" LS400 on fleabay and making engine mounts etc to drop it in my 760...........

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: