View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:04   #13
tonydgray

Yes I agree it does sound like the stat but I've tried a known good one, unless I'm very unlucky, and it has the same symptoms after swapping so I am pretty confident I can rule that out.

The water pump is something I've not swapped yet but I've just got a feeling that it has already been changed by the previous owner. Back tracking a bit - I got this engine second hand to use while I work on the original engine and I noticed that the pump did not look very old when I got the engine. Maybe the previous owner had this issue and as a result the pump had been changed, not sure but I just feel that changing the pump will leave me in the same position. Only one way to know that for sure though I suppose and change the pump and see what happens. Saying that though the heater inside the car seems to work fine so surely that means the the pump is working by getting the water into the matrix inside the car, all very strange.

I'm not sure how much coolant is in the car as there is always some left in the engine block after draining so I'm not sure how to accurately measure that.

Thanks again for the help

Cheers

Tony
tonydgray is offline   Reply With Quote