View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 20:55   #30
sierraman

Angry Another Unfortunate Volvo Owner

Hi

I have a Volvo v70 classic 140 which was first registered on 28/04/2000. Having owned the car for only a month i have been advised that it is now showing the first symptoms of etm failure. My only hope is that a "strip down and clean" may delay replacement for a while!
What a joke.This "Luxury"car has only done 83000 miles and it appears that it is going to cost me nearly £700 to rectify a manufacturing defect! How are Volvo being allowed to get away with this and is'nt it Ford who are ultimately responseable?

I have always wanted a Volvo and it is the most expensive and most luxurious car that i have ever owned. Someone who buys this type of car expects to receive a higher class of service and be treated with respect. I recently phoned THREE Volvo dealers and all THREE were unable to let me speak to someone inorder for me to book my car in for a service+ belts etc etc. All 3 promised to get someone to phone me back but didn't (and this was before i learned about my etm problems)This whole situation is a disgrace.

It appears to me after only a month of Volvo ownership that i have made a costly mistake. Volvo should be falling over backwards to remedy this situation and they urgently need to sort the dealers out as well.

So please put my name is on the list to ensure that Volvo treat uk buyers of their cars fairly.
sierraman is offline   Reply With Quote