View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 15:29   #24
PunkDebutante

After a 3 day long battle between Marshall Volvo, Volvo UK and me, Volvo UK has stated that they have no intention of footing any of the bill and have never done so for any Volvo client out of warranty. They admit the ETM failure and are telling me that if I do not pay the £742 my car will not run. Also, I paid Volvo £150 for a thermostat replacement last week which was apparently the first fault code to appear after the ETM failure (and it is apparently Volvo's policy to treat the first fault code only and then take it from there). So in the last month, I have paid out £1400 for a car that I have lost complete faith in.

I think the real downfall is that there is no third party in the UK to force a recall or product investigation like there is in the US. Volvo UK is taking the **** with its consumers and they obviously care more about the American market than they do the UK market. I guess we must have more money to pay for ingrained faults that lie with Volvo than the US clients do.

I will never own another Volvo again. Their customer service is appalling and I have every intention of voicing my opinion loudly to anyone that will hear. I bought Volvo due to their reputation for being a safe and reliable car and they are neither. Volvo UK has made it abundantly clear that my safety and that of my children isn't important simply because I chose to live in the UK versus North America. Shame on you Volvo.