View Single Post
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 21:18   #21
johnbV70

Hi Don,

This ETM cannot be rocket science - Magnetti Morelli built it !

Does anyone know how the ETM actually work. Has anyone taken theirs apart. I suspect there is very little inside and we are all being ripped off big time.

If a clean of mine doesnt work (which I suspect it wont) then Im prepared to give it a go if someone can feed me some info. Do we have any contacts at Magnetti Morelli - they need spewed over in this as well.

here is what is happening me if you know of anyone that can help:

My car is a late 2000 V70 2.4 (140 hp) non turbo petrol, faults all started at about 90k miles on the clock and am now at 102k.

when started from cold, the car runs rough and will not rev above 1000 rpm, even if trotlle pushed down all the way. When turned off and immediately back on all is fine and no problems until the next cold start. Ive noticed that when cold if I only turn on the ignition (to II on the switch) then off and then start the car everything is fine. The problem is getting worse the colder the weather gets i.e. in summer no problem then intermittent towards autumn and now every cold start is a problem so the whole thing seems ambient temperature related.
Independent workshop running Volvo’s diagnostics indicates internal fault with throttle body but no more clues. Im not convinced given that the car runs perfectly otherwise. The cruise control quit in Spring in case that means anything.

Volvo UK didnt want to know and had no real interest in helping either. Talk about customer support at it's worst. Ive a good mind to get onto Volvo Sweden directly.

We need to create a stir in the motoring press based on fact that Volvo US recognising the problem but UK being treated unfairly. I write for magazines in N Ireland and am only too glad to help as these people need taught that it is totally unreasonable for the way they are behaving. Guess who will never be buying any sort of Volvo again. Above is just some of a string of issues Ive had.