Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - Possible clogged EGR Valve?
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2022, 07:07   #4
Brione

Default Shudder and engine clean

I had similar with the vibration, revs wouldn't change but a slight shudder. I replaced the 3 engine mounts and this solved that problem. With the age of the car these might have never been changed.

Mine is a 2009 2.0d and is not fitted with a Dpf. If yours also does not have a Dpf a good clean out with a couple of cans of egr cleaner. The way I do it is, get engine up to temp, then remove pipe from the front of throttle body. Then reattach as much as possible but leaving a small gap to spray in cleaner. Use at least one can with small squirts so as not to stall engine, once you finish the can turn off engine and leave to soak for half an hour. Then go for a drive with some hard acceleration in second and third gear. Due to the recirculation of the fumes in this engine it gets really dirty. If previous owner didn't do any long drives and engine doesn't get to temperature often it would be quite sooted up.

I take it you have checked the connector to the right of the egr. Also the egr can be blanked off on the 2.0d without Dpf and this cable would need to be disconnected.

There are threads on blanking off on this forum.

Hope this is of some help?

Cheers

Brian
Brione is offline   Reply With Quote