Thread: V70: Electrical - VIDA Reading off alarm cause - help!
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2021, 23:07   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
Hi All,

Just a quick one, I'm sure this is user error but I'm sleep deprived from my alarm going off at 1am and waking me up....

I'm trying to diagnose why my V70 occasionally flashes it's hazard lights in the night, and then last night sounded the alarm. It doesn't show on the dash that the alarm was triggered, shows no 'alarm service required' message, or flag any DTCs in VIDA.

I did some searching and can see how you use VIDA to 'read off alarm cause' in CEM / advanced so tried it quickly at lunchtime. However, I just get this screen with no further options when the posts I've read indicate I should get an activation to run and bring back the last few alarm trigger reasons.

Anyone done this recently and able to confirm please? I've tried double clicking, restarting VIDA, ignition off and on but always get this screen rather than the VCT2000 icon to click and start the process. VIDA works fine in all other aspects as far as I can tell.

I suspect the alarm siren battery of course, but would like to confirm it's not something else first before I remove the SCM fuse for the night....

Thanks!
Stu
Well it looks pretty straightforward , its listing the last 5 causes as the mass movement sensor . ( Interior Motion Sensor in the ceiling ) which will need a new unit ...
or there is a bird in the car or something like that ...