Thread: V70: Electrical - VIDA Reading off alarm cause - help!
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 22:08   #13
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by george57l View Post
Just chipping in 'cos I've had the same - several false alarms, mostly silent, but a couple with horn. Over half of them overnight.

And today I had a phone call from Volvo On Call to tell me it had gone off last night (I already knew that!). None of the previous false alarms were registered by Volvo On Call, so I need to get to the bottom of that, too.

Soooo..... I'm interested to know why the alarm siren replacement was proceeded with when it seemed to be an internal motion sensor that triggered the alarm eachtime? Am I failing to understand some part of this?

I'm planning to take mine in to get the dealer to tell me which sensor keeps triggering my alarm (assuming it is the same sensor each time).

I had the same problem many years ago and it was almost certainly some insect activity in the car - probably a spider being nocturnally active. A good clean-out of the car and the problem went away.

So if I know which sensor is triggering, maybe a good hoover around that area might fix this. We'll see. But I don't expect to have to replace a siren unit on a 6 or 7 year-old car.
Maybe not, but the battery in the siren could be iffy & that could trigger the alarm randomly.