Thread: D5 (2005 on) - Engine oil level sensor?
View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 23:55   #8
iantowil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassos View Post
Hi Ian,

I should find a good dealer, there are a few out there.. if they had done the update they would have sucked some oil out to get the level correct, they put some pump thing down the dipstick hole to do it when I had mine done. The update is actually free i think.. definitely worth checking that it really did get done... either way they didnt get the oil level right...
Hi Thassos
I travelled along way to get the car I wanted but the negative side is I can't just call back in to that dealer for them to put the small niggles right - and Volvo always devolve it back to the dealer you bought it from - so anyone doing as I did beware, if anything goes wrong that isn't covered under the Selekt warranty, you gonna end up paying the dealer you take it to for them to just touch your car - around £100 to read the fault. And the catch is, they "absorb" this in the cost of the repair if you give them the go ahead to do it. In my case I guess this would have been around £150 to drain some oil - that is not in "my" car care plan! But I guess they have to make money somehow, just preferably not out of me.

You're right though, I will make sure its had the update. Also one of the guys on T5D5 forum has a reader and works near me so read the fault code for me - he was bl..dy great, and it immediately gave me an easy fix.

Moral of the story, travelling can get you a lovely car at an excellent price, but if there are problems, Volvo UK are pretty hopeless, and it can be a pain in the arse and a load of aggro to sort it.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iantowil For This Useful Post: