Thread: D5 (2005 on) - Engine oil level sensor?
View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 21:57   #6
iantowil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassos View Post
Hi Ian,

Have you had the engine mgmt software updated in last 12 months?, there was an update last year re the DPF where you should then only top up to a max of 3 XXX s on the dipstick below the 'MAX' marker. Might be related to that ?
Hi Gents
I'm pretty sure the car was updated before I had it. I'm not convinced the dealer I had it off did anything other than polish it - but that's another story - and they're 250mile away. They were supposed to have serviced it and applied any updates which I specifically asked to be done. Not sure if this happened but when I had the car the oil was at or near the max mark, so even a little bit of diesel going in the sump put the oil level too high and I had the "engine system service required" come up. I did ring Volvo as the light came on, on the last day of the 3 year warrantly, and I was only a few months into the Selekt warranty - the only thing I can say is the help I received was non-existent - very, very poor. The car is lovely though, so thats the main thing - and all is good at the moment - but was very surprised there is a high oil level warning - expected low but not high, and having been a petrol boy all my life, I've never seen rising levels until now - DPFs, what a saga!
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote