Thread: D5 (2005 on) - Engine oil level sensor?
View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 18:30   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantowil View Post
I have an 08 C70 D5. I had an "Engine System Service Required" message come up. Had the code read (cheers Joe) and it was the oil level was too high - dipstick is pretty crap and showed full but not overflowing. Changed the oil - I've never seen my drain tray so full - put 5 litres back in, and the messgae cleared 3 days later of its own accord. Hope this helps.
Firstly are you up to date with having the recall software done regarding rising oil level?
If not , get it done , If you are up to date and the level on the dipstick was above max then it needs to go back to dealer .
If you have had a service or changed the oil recently before this message came up , and correctly filled it to 2/3 up the dipstick marking ,the oil level sender may need adapting at the dealer .
The correct level with the software upgrade is now 2/3 up the dipstick marking that is about 10mm below max on the dipstick ... your corrected sump capacity is about 5.7 litres give or take a small amount depending on exact variant .