View Single Post
Old Mar 20th, 2021, 21:39   #22
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
Just a newbie here .... to this thread and confess haven't read thoroughly so may have missed something that's been said along the way.

Smell petrol on removing a plug? Tacho flicking on cranking?
Have you tried immediately putting your foot to the floor on the accelerator pedal as soon as it doesn't start, i.e. after 2/3 seconds? If not do so and, hold accelerator to the floor while continue cranking without stopping until hopefully it fires up! You might flatten the battery if it's not up to the mark!! Assuming it's LH2.4 the first xxx 590 ecu's had a problem.

Bob
Just to bring you up to date Bob, as far as i've understood things anyway, the OP has a spark and the CPS is pulsing the ECU so the fuel pump relay is operating, new main fuel pump but the in-tank one is currently suspect - either stuck/siezed or maybe not getting power.
No fuel reaching the fuel rail apparently but i had wondered about the ECU seeing as it's an early LH2.4 - anything else that comes to mind on that?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: