View Single Post
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 18:40   #19
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawler View Post
Christmas Grinch has been at the car

So I put in a new temperature sensor a couple of weeks ago.

Then last week it glitched again but this time with just the 1-4-4 error on the ignition code (no other).

At a loss now. Another thread suggested the Fuel Pump Relay or the RSC (ignition) relay.
I have methodically swapped those out but no joy it still reoccurs. It has happened a couple of times since this and today in the middle of the M50 (think M25 but with fewer lanes).

The description on the fault says "Bad fuel injection relay; faulty wiring from LH to EZK; bad LH module".
I think I can rule out the Fuel injection relay.
I have a spare EZK off the 1996 car but it is a 0 227 400 219 and the one in the car is a 0227 400 148. Is there any difference?
What is the LH Module?

Any help getting some Christmas cheer?

Thanks

Justin
When you say "it glitched again" what exactly do you mean?

Try pulling fuses #11 & #13, clean the blades with some emery tape (NOT sandpaper) and check the fusible link between the blades. Refit and see how it goes from there. Obviously if you happen to notice the link is fragile as you clean the blades, renew the fuse(s).

Also check the fuel pump relay is firmly pushed down in its socket in the relay board.

Not sure on the exact differences if any on the EZK ECU, the LH ECU will be the injection ECU in the right kick panel behind the trim and controls the injection (and the fuel pump!) but it sounds like a fuel related problem as in supply of fuel. This can cause a number of codes to come up, seemingly unrelated. Worth noting that one of those fault codes suggests the air flow meter, if you unplug the MAF and try starting it should still start, it just won't rev up.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: