View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2021, 23:02   #16
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawler View Post
Thanks for the guidance.
I reseated the plug a couple of times in case it was just bad contact.
Tug tested the wiring with the engine running and it was all Ok.
So I'm thinking bad contact in the sensor so probably a "when" rather than an "if" it dies permanently. I'll get a new one and swap it out.

I assume I have to drain some of the coolant out when I remove it?

Thanks

Justin
Not really, depends how quickly you can unscrew one and get the other one in and screwed in. Don't use anything like PTFE tape on it as that interferes with the earth connection of the two sensors inside it.

Once loose, if you spin it out with the fingers of one hand and have the other hadn holding the new one then swap the sensors between hands and get the new one screwed in fairly quickly, you should only lose a dribble of coolant. That's what i did with mine when i did it but in fairness, mine is much easier to access :

If you can position yourself in the right place, no reason you can't do similar on the redblock, helpful to lift the bonnet vertically as well, move the catches on the hinges and lift it past its normal stop to vertical so you have more space to lean over.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: