View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 09:26   #3
matthdouglas
P8 Pure Electric

Default VoC all not really working - Air conditioning issue

Some further experience with the P8.

The Volvo on Call (VoC) app, and possibly the software in the car, is not really fit for purpose yet, and they should really get on and fix it.

The ability to see charge levels is very patchy, with most of the time it showing no charge %age (not Zero, just no data).
The app also does not update, so it shows as charging when it is not plugged in.
Obviously I have updated everything I can, and it is still the case.

What is worse, is that I cannot often Pre-condition the cabin, and the app stays it 'cannot start' climate control.

This was working fine a couple of weeks ago, but now it either cannot start, or if it does, the air-conditioning does not work (just the fan and the car shows it is pre-conditioning). The air con then does not work at all, even when driving, unless I put it on full heat! And then it heats and cools....

No air con in this heat is rubbish.

If I leave the pre-conditioning alone, and don't even try to use it, the air-con will work as normal.

There is some sort of software glitch somewhere, likely in the car.

I can lock and unlock the car via the app, so there is a connection.

Also when I have two phones loaded, it does not seem to connect to either of them automatically. I need to connect a phone each time. Thus just have one loaded and it connects automatically - most of the time.....

Other than that, and I can't seem to play music over USB, i'm still very happy with the car.

I await with great expectation, the next OTA update to provide Apple Carplay and hopefully resolve various issues......
matthdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote