View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 10:30   #13
mr tickle

For the last 20 years driving turbo diesels I have always changed my oil and filter every 6000 miles, for me that is about 3 times a year. Even then it still comes out very black, I can't imagine anything worse than shelling out a small fortune for a new vehicle (or used) like these and leaving it 12k or even 18k miles to do it. I think a while back audi were doing a 24k miles first service on some diesel models!
Seems to have done well for me over the years, I've never had any engine or turbo fails in that time and all for the sake of an extra £50 a year(assuming you buy the oil in bulk as I do).

I'm of the opinion that the op will be just fine not changing the oil, but in the time that I have spent reading this thread and replying to it I could be about halfway through an oil change anyways!

Finally, as we all have strong opinions on engine oil and service intervals, are we all as religious about changing the other 4 vehicle oils that should never be left unchanged too?
V70 D5 2009 - T5 convertible - V40 1.8 - 343GL - the one with the elastic band transmission!
mr tickle is offline   Reply With Quote