View Single Post
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 16:42   #7
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi 142 Guy,

Thank you so much for such a detailed response, much appreciated.

From the sound of your description, you worked up your power steering set up using the Nissan Versa unit yourself, and having just had a very quick view of the Swedespeed link detailing the build, some very fine engineering solutions sir. I will review the thread in detail later this evening for a better understanding, but I think with my limited skills, getting an off the shelf kit will be the way forward for me.

https://www.ezpowersteering.co.uk/el...-steering-set/

This seems to be a Dutch company with agents here in the UK and mainland Europe, one benefit they do claim is that their installations have passed the German TUV testing, and if the system fails, then the steering reverts to as it was before the conversion.

They have the 1800 and Amazon listed on their site, so hopefully they have the templates for these in place. I have emailed to ask if they can do a 145.

Your comments regarding the size of the original wheel are duly noted, I believe the ezpowersteering set up, has a concealed switch where the level of assistance can be varied. Hopefully this would allow me to retain the original wheel, as I rather like the retro spindly wheel and horn ring.

I have emailed the company to request further information and perhaps an idea of costs, so hopefully I can update with this information later.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote