View Single Post
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 16:58   #7
142 Guy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdrive View Post
As helpful and informative as yours (and some other people's replies to other requests/questions) are, when someone in the UK is looking for a part on a UK owners club forum just how useful is it to reference outlets on the other side of the Atlantic? Those suppliers are easy and convenient for people on that continent but usually a last resort if you live in Europe.
I merely linked the Rock Auto website because it had a nice picture of the fuel pressure regulator and demonstrated that the part is available as opposed to being out of production. You may not want to deal with them; but, Rock Auto has the great advantage that they actively maintain their on-line inventory records as opposed to some vendors who will take your order and then three days later send you an email cancelling your order because its NLA. With a little initiative, the Google search bar and the part number it should take you about 30 seconds to find out whether there are any vendors in the UK that stock the Delphi regulator. You could also use the Google search bar and the original Volvo part number to find out if there are any UK vendors of the OEM part; however, if CVI and Skandix list it as NLA that generally means it really is NLA.

As an observation, since the original fuel pressure regulator appears to be NLA, 'last resort' may be your only resort. I have had to use vendors on the continent (CVI, Scandcar, Skandix, GCP) when sourcing rare parts for my 142 E. Getting parts across the Atlantic isn't a particular impediment, just expensive. Its part of the vintage car ownership tax.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote