View Single Post
Old Jan 26th, 2011, 14:25   #8
Rackingman

You, like many others, take too much notice of the caravan club. According to them a Freelander wont pull the skin off a rice pudding but you see plenty towing big caravans at club sites.

I towed my Vanmaster loaded up to 1730kgs to Portugal and back 6 times in 5 years without a hiccup with my previous V70 D5 which was a 106% match. In the 7 years I had the V70 (now a gift to my daughter to keep her and my grandson safe) I towed for just shy of 30,000 miles so I hope I can call myself "experienced". The XC60 is a MUCH MUCH better tow car. It has the additional 4 wheel drive traction and, more importantly in my opinion, the smaller rear wheel body overhang putting the tow ball closer to the rear axle make it a superb tow vehicle. The engine torque is phenomenal.

We could discuss weight ratio's for years and the caravan clubs attitude to it for longer than that but may I suggest you visit the What Tow Car. Com outfit matching website (I do it via Google). You will find my outfit, (and yours), gets the five star treatment even if both caravans are a bit heavy. Hope that answers you question.
Rackingman is offline   Reply With Quote