View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 17:22   #1
whiteo1

Default Spin Control Off & No Power

Hi

Wondering if someone may have any suggestions on this. Have a 2006 XC90 2.4D5 which I went to start a couple of mornings ago and the DSTC orange warning light started flashing as soon as I pulled away. This has cut all power and is now permanantly on. This is now accompanied by messages showing:
Spin Control Off
Anti Skid Off

When I say no power there is literally nothing maybe 2-3mph flat out! Although still goes pretty quick in reverse - maybe not the best temporary solution.

Unfortunately living in the sticks my local garage is about 30 minutes out which on current speed would take me about 3 days to get there!

Found a similar post on this forum where people have linked this to first stages of battery failure but have done a quick test across the terminals and getting 12.4 which I believe should not be low enough to cause any issues.

If anyone has any ideas that I can attempt to do a bit of trial and error fault finding - even temporary fix just to get me to garage. I am also looking into OBD scanners to assist if anyone could recommend one that would be suitable for this type of issue (assume ABS compatable needed?).

Many thanks for any help.
whiteo1 is offline   Reply With Quote