View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2022, 15:22   #3
Cull06
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
I have owned 2 XC60 T8 vehicles, both Polestar Engineered models. The first was a MY20 car and was owned from Nov 2019 until June 2022 at which point I took ownership of a new MY22.5 Extended Range XC60 T8.
During ownership of the first T8, the only real issue I experienced was with the battery range suddenly dropping from the normal 21 miles to 18 miles after a full charge at approx 20 months of ownership (mid summer so not cold temperature related). This was remedied at the Dealership by re-calibrating and balancing the batteries and this issue never came back.
I had a number of different noises coming from the ERAD just before taking delivery of my new car that I would have had Volvo look into had I been keeping the first car but there was no affect to the cars operation. First noise was a whirring/whining sound from the ERAD clutch packs when doing tight turns in elec mode. The second was a metallic clunk when pulling away from a complete standstill in elec mode, apparently a known ERAD driveshaft spline lubricant thing and Volvo have released a service bulletin about it, or so I'm told.

So far, the new car has been flawless and I hope that continues.

Overall, I have not experienced any failure of any component and as such, I cant really partake in the poll but though it worth while detailing my current positive experience with Volvo reliability.
I hope yours continues to behave too!!
Mine has always made that whirring when In electric mode and turning full lock or close to full lock.

Someone else said it was normal… 😬