View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2022, 15:03   #2
sk546
Master Member

I have owned 2 XC60 T8 vehicles, both Polestar Engineered models. The first was a MY20 car and was owned from Nov 2019 until June 2022 at which point I took ownership of a new MY22.5 Extended Range XC60 T8.
During ownership of the first T8, the only real issue I experienced was with the battery range suddenly dropping from the normal 21 miles to 18 miles after a full charge at approx 20 months of ownership (mid summer so not cold temperature related). This was remedied at the Dealership by re-calibrating and balancing the batteries and this issue never came back.
I had a number of different noises coming from the ERAD just before taking delivery of my new car that I would have had Volvo look into had I been keeping the first car but there was no affect to the cars operation. First noise was a whirring/whining sound from the ERAD clutch packs when doing tight turns in elec mode. The second was a metallic clunk when pulling away from a complete standstill in elec mode, apparently a known ERAD driveshaft spline lubricant thing and Volvo have released a service bulletin about it, or so I'm told.

So far, the new car has been flawless and I hope that continues.

Overall, I have not experienced any failure of any component and as such, I cant really partake in the poll but though it worth while detailing my current positive experience with Volvo reliability.
I hope yours continues to behave too!!

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post: