View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 19:17   #8
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
Don't understand how tyres cause an unexplained "noise". In my mind a tyre noise is either there or not, and if it is, does it not happen as soon as you put the tyres on??? Surely (to me) it don't creep up on you??
But it must do, as I have read various reports about noise/rumbles which turn out to be tyre related. I'd be interested to know what brand of tyres you ran, as I have never experienced this effect. That said I usually run Michelin ( on my D5) and F1 Goodyears on my now dead T5 & AWD R.

Cheers
Bob
I have a bent rim on my motor so I fitted my spare alloys which “were” ok twelve months ago. I refitted them for a long run with the idea of getting them repainted…. Seems in that twelve months of storage, one of them have started to deteriorate. Ok, they were stored outside but very well covered up away from the weather. They’re not the exact same treat pattern but they’re pretty close. I’d be surprised if that’s been the cause. However, result!! Yay!!