View Single Post
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 18:30   #3
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
Going to assume you have no warning lights or codes.
Any thrum sound to me hints of bearings.. Therefore my first thoughts are wheel bearings, but the sound disappears on over run, which hints at transmission, as the wheels will still rotate the same whether or not on the over-run but the transmission would be loaded differently, on power and during over run .... so thats my opinion. From there its gearbox issues and in the case of AWD... bevel gear....???? Other parts of the AWD system propshaft, haldex; rear diff are reasonably sound, although I have read cases of prop bearings becoming noisey.

just my 2d.

Cheers
Bob
Transmission noises, the pain in the ar5e of all time. My first port of call is try a different set of tyres and work from there. Long gone are the days of checking for end float in the pinion flange and lift on the prop… these modern cars are powered by voodoo and witchcraft.
There’s no warnings snd I don’t have Vida. I’ll go through the simple stuff and work from there