View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2021, 13:14   #39
jameo

Default 12 V Battery Critical charging fault : V60 B4 MY21

Hi folks,

I have a V60 B4 new in April '21. Yesterday on return from a ten minute drive to buy Calpol for the three year old, the dash flashed the same error:

12 V Battery Critical charging fault.

Hoping to remove the message I stopped the vehicle (which was driving normally), switched off the ignition and on again. The error message persisted and then a 7mph crawl speed limit kicked in.

Twenty minute wait on the line to Volvo assist and then a 3.5 hour wait for the recovery vehicle. The engineer identified a bunch of errors in the diagnostics (images below). He suggested it may be possible to reset the errors, and the car be drivable again. His concern was that doing so could remove the error reports from the system, such that Volvo's engineers couldn't read them and fix them. So, to Volvo's service centre the car will go.

My question for the forum is whether anyone has a definitive hard or soft ware fix for this issue on this vehicle that I can point the Volvo service centre toward?

I'm reading about the persistent nature of this problem here and my concern is that my local Volvo service centre (with whom we don't have a great track record of issue resolution) will perform a reset of some description, remove the message and return the car to me, only for the problem to return, likely on a cold, dark night when my wife is out with the kids on her own.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (83.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-22.jpg (92.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-23.jpg (90.2 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by jameo; Dec 4th, 2021 at 13:31.
jameo is offline   Reply With Quote