View Single Post
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 09:29   #1
BillQQ

Default Leaking TDI injector pump

Morning all

Having suffered a cambelt failure on my 855 TDI, I have replaced it with another almost identical vehicle, this time an 855 TDI auto. The new car has been exceptionally well looked after and has recently had all belts changed, but I have just discovered a fault which was not evident when I bought it.

Having removed the engine cover, I found a leak in the injector pump. From the limited inspection I have been able to make so far, it appears to be leaking around the block from which the 5 injector rails attach. It is worst when cold (it was still warm from the previous owner's drive home when I bought it) but there is still a drip when the engine has warmed up.

This leads me to a few questions:

1 - Can anyone recommend any quick fixes - If I can get back from work before it's dark then I'll try to get in and tighten up any screws to see if anything has worked loose.
2 - Can injector pumps be repaired -Does it sound like a quick gasket replacement problem or will it spring apart if i even attempted to open it up??
3 - If it means changing the pump, is that a big job?? I do still have the pump from my old car, though that is getting pretty old too!

Bill
'96 855 TDI with TT veg oil and 276,000 miles. - Failed cambelt (15/9/2011)
BillQQ is offline   Reply With Quote