View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 13:08   #23
vickyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofAll she says View Post
I had anti skid service come up, change sensor as a scan showed sensor signal missing, however this didn’t solve the issue.
So whipped off the driveshaft as I was changing them and it became apparent, the ABS ring had broke hence the missing signal. All new shafts and ABS ring and issue is no more.!!

So moral of the story, check the most likely component to fail first, usually a mechanical part before suspecting an electrical/electronic component. Mechanical is usually easier to see.
My S80 2.0 auto has just developed the anti skid warning message. Oddly my V70 has this error occasionally too but I can turn off in VIDA and it's gone for 6 months at a time. Gone through 3 or 4 MOTs with it.

The S80 msg however won't go. Brake pressure sensor 2 appears in VIDA from time to time but even if I clear that the anti skid warning remains. Have done this a couple of times now. Don't currently have any BCM codes which is also odd! It was in garage for unrelated issue and they were quite dismissive and said it would need steering wheel sensors, had no stability etc. which I disagree. Braking all works as it should, I suspect it's the sensors not getting the signal or a comms issue. Wondering about ABS Reluctor Ring now. Do you think this is worthwhile?
vickyg is offline   Reply With Quote