View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 17:50   #6
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk11 View Post
Walking back to the XC90 after picking the kids up from school and couldn’t believe my eyes as I watched my drivers side mirror glass just fall out and onto the pavement before splitting in half!

A quick look showed that the glue had failed on the back of the glass. For now whilst I find a new one I have gorilla glued it back in place. Got me wondering the car is a 2007 so 14 years old (I’ve had it 5 1/2 years) but still surprised this happened knowing how long Volvo components last. I have attached a couple of photos and wondering if my glass might have been changed to a non genuine item at some point?

Glad I saw it first hand as I would never have believed the wife if she told me that….😁
Its nothing to do with the mirror itself, its the glue/adhesive that holds it.

It doesn’t matter if you buy a genuine mirror. If the adhesive has failed, then the genuine mirror that you buy won’t be much use.

Its a common problem. The original adhesive done well to last 14 years. Its not a component issue as such, more like an adhesive one!

Get yourself a new mirror glass & get some decent adhesive. Sikaflex is very good, as mentioned above.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 16th, 2021 at 17:55.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: