View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 20:36   #3
Lancee
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
after you press cruise and the message shows on the dim you need to press the plus button on the steering wheel control to engage cruise .touching the brake or pressing 0 will disengage it.
Thanks kindly Simmy, but I am aware of this. I also run a couple of V70 D5s and there is a further V50 in the family with cruise controls and I would expect the buttons on the C70 to work much the same. I have had some experience with failed clutch position sensors on the D5s but am struggling with this cruise control issue on the C70.

I am aware that the cruise should be enabled by the inputs that you suggest and in addition disabled/prohibited to engage by the operation of brakes/clutch etc or faulty sensors/switches, but I am troubled by the possibility of an additional, unknown to me, clutch switch, possibly added to the system during Fords ownership/guidance? I wonder if it is buried high up above the clutch pedal and so far impossible for me to see. Unless of course it isn't there at all, which is kind of what I am trying to establish !

According to online searches both of the parts/part numbers I have referred to earlier are fitted/available for C70 D5 manual cars and the physically differing parts are supposed to fit/be compatible with my car, images are available to view online.

I could do with a better code reader which would show the "buried" codes that ViDA would show, hence our earlier dialogue (currently considering the VIDA2GO).

Thanks for you reply/input.

Last edited by Lancee; Aug 8th, 2022 at 20:40.
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote