View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2022, 13:27   #44
Kingmunky

Just to tag on yet another example of ERAD failure, though thankfully it was all covered under the extended warranty (2nd year in a row that I've bought it).

The car started to develop the usual symptoms of hesitating under acceleration, loss of power to the rear axle at around 42k miles. Booked it in to the local MD and hadthe fault confirmed, it took them 4 weeks to be able to arrange for a courtesy car and also to have the parts and warranty company assessor attend on the same day so I was forced to drive around on the petrol engine for a month.

All fixed up and back to normal, but then c. 3 weeks after that I've just sent it back to the MD due to an engine management light and the limp mode turtle appearing on the dash. Wouldn't charge overnight, then became hesitant and clunky whilst driving before going into reduced power mode.

Roadside mechanic confirmed it's 2 faults - one with the clutch sensor (Stuck in position) the other to do with the link between the hybrid battery and the charging module which is preventing it charging at all. We'll see how long it takes for this to be rectified.

Not exactly confidence-inspiring for a 5 y/o high-end car.
Kingmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingmunky For This Useful Post: