View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 11:59   #58
Challo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Coolant Temperature Sensor Chris, it's about halfway along the head under the inlet manifold between #2 and #3 inlet tract. It tells the ECU what temperature the engine is so the ECU can adjust the mixture accordingly.

See what he comes up with later...........
Mechanic phoned with his update.

Rust - All sorted. It had been patched before, but looked a pretty shody job. All cut out and new plate welded in.

Running Issues - Looked the car over and didn't think it was running rich. Advised the exhaust is a little sooty, but that could be a build up for the issues before. He advised the high idle potentially was a sticking throttle cable. It was sticking open slightly, so he removed it and cleaned it all up and seems to be running well now. He did suggest a good run would certainly help clear out any rubbish.

Brake Callipers - The car has duel pistons, and on each side one of the pistons is seized. He said some of the gaskets have spilt and need replacing. I'll grab a refurb kit from PFV and get him to strip it down and rebuild for me.

Steering Rack - MOT mentioned play and he said yes there is a little bit of play but nothing to worry about. He did mention that when turn right it did feel like it had a pinch point, but nothing serious.

Engine Leak - There was a slight leak under the engine. I thought it was from the rack, but he said actually its from the engine. Looks to be a small leak from the crack case, and also one from the gearbox bell housing. Again nothing serious, just to keep an eye out it.

Overall seemed happy with the car, just need to get those parts ordered on the rebuild kit.
Challo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Challo For This Useful Post: