View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 09:15   #72
Morton

Default V70 2008 D5 SE and C70 2009 D5

Both our Volvos (2008 V70 and 2009 C70) would hvae water in the footwells on occasion. When the V70 was in at our local dealer (Kastner Exeter) for the seatbelt recall, they asked if there was anything else to look at so I told them about the water ingress and said both cars do it. They confirmed the bonding on the screen had failed and filmed the movement in the screen when it was pressed by hand. I suggested they should sort it out it as it's presumably structural and shouldn't fail, it was a genuine Volvo screen installed at the factory when the car was made etc. They weren't interested and just quoted £636 to fit a new screen because they were quite confident it'd break when taken out.
I just had BOTH cars done at our local independent garage for £114 per windscreen inc vat. The bonding was so poor on each that the windscreens came out easily and no breakage occurred.
Wasn't overly happy with the reaction of a Volvo dealer but, equally, wasn't really surprised and getting it done at a local indie saved me the best part of £1000.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote