View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:10   #12
thebigv
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon J View Post
Hmmm....interesting idea.

But I think you'd better read the article first. You wouldn't want them to think you didn't know what you were talking about in your covering email, would you?
I haven't a clue what some people on here are talking about, why would it make a difference. Volvo and brake manufacturers spend millions on development of braking systems, do you honestly believe that laws would permit a manufacturer to sell goods that were unsafe and not fit for their purpose. The overall concern is about friction, laws of physics, brake balance etc. I'm sure that they test them on the applications they are designed for and don't just knock them up in a shed an flog them. Hence why some vehicles you cannot get uprated brakes, a lot is down to demand, mostly its down to such things as development and safety issues. After all why make something that wont sell, and why sell something thats unsafe.

For the applications that braking systems are designed for and lets face it its probably the most important feature on a car, they have to be safe, fit for purpose and designed accordingly to work.
thebigv is offline   Reply With Quote