View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2023, 23:21   #13
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeonpost View Post
"anyone remember working under the car with the old skool light Bulb in a cage on a lead extention lights? and the "oh" when they went pop due to exposed bulb and tiny spec of liquid".

My scariest moment. Our S3 Land Rover started weeping petrol slightly from the boss where the petrol tank drain plug fits. It was a very small leak, barely enough to show dampness, but I decided to drain the little fuel from the tank pending having a new tank fitted. I was expecting a visitor so asked my wife to direct him to the garage when he arrived.
I plugged in my lead-lamp, crawled underneath with tools and bucket, clamped the lamp to the chassis rail, and started to drain the petrol. At this point the side-door of the garage open, and the visitor arrived. He walked along the side of the LR - and tripped over the cable. The lead-lamp was dislodged and fell to the floor with a crash and a 'pop' as the bulb exploded. A very lucky escape indeed.
ah you found the head/car interface is a "needs Paracetamol" hidden gem of those lights as well.

i Like sealed LED light units, they require less Paracetamol