View Single Post
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 23:23   #10
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tch1987 View Post
My boost controller can limit the boost set for each seperate gear and rpm, just means I can limit boost in say 1st and 2nd, plus the ECU can allow 2 step/launch control. Clutch is a discontinued ORC 709 clutch rated to 700bhp, its an FC3S so its built properly and can handle that sort of power through the OEM transmission unlike the FDs which just snap driveshafts and blow up diffs lol

Turbos on rotaries are a bit different with power levels, what is a certain power for a piston engine isn't as much for a rotary, that T88 is a 1000bhp turbo for a piston engine, can only manage 6-700 bhp on a rotary.

Anyhow, back to the main questions lol

What turbo does the V40 have? I have some T25/28 parts laying around, so might be able to make a hybrid turbo lol
You say 2 step - is that a dual stage boost setting? That's what I'm looking at with the T4, but about half the power.... Just that trying to put it down through the front wheels only is even more of an issue! I do know that the rotary power delivery is smooth though and copes better with a larger turbo..!

As for the V40 turbo diesel, I don't really have any knowledge on those I'm afraid. If you haven't done so already, might be worth a post in the diesel section, as well as the S/V40 section?

Cheers
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote