View Single Post
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 17:09   #1
m1tch1987
Premier Member

Default 1.9 diesel tuning options

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering what the usual mods are on the 1.9 diesel engine, there are lots of tweeks on the T4, but I havn't found a lot on the 1.9 diesel.

As the diesel engine is the 1.9 Dci Renault engine and has an ECU I am guessing that remapping is pretty easy - although I don't know if the ECU is locked or not for remaps?

I have seen a few diesel 'tuning' boxes that plug into the system, which usually just increase the fuel pressure in the fuel rail giving a bit of extra fueling rather than actually doing any tuning. Its a bit like the petrol 'tuning' boxes that are just a resistor that makes the car run rich by pretending its -300C outside on the air temp sensor.

Could I use tuning parts etc from a Megane/Laguna that also use the same 1.9 DCi engine?

I am guessing like most french diesel cars its not running an intercooler, I know a common mod on the 306 HDis are to add a FMIC, the XUD based engines have a top mounted intercooler.

What turbo does the engine have btw? I know its a Garrett unit, I have many T25/28s laying around so parts are easy to get for tweeks like actuators or compressor housings, I am just wondering what sort it runs, I think a GT15 is used on quite a few of the french diesel engines - can anyone confirm?

Sorry for all the questions, I am going to be getting a 1.9 diesel V40 and will be tuning for economy, so I just need to figure out what has been tried already. I am also guessing as its got a common rail injector system you can't run veg oil?
m1tch1987 is offline   Reply With Quote