View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2021, 19:25   #2
DoctorX

I’m new to Volvo too and took delivery of a MY21 Cross Country B5 mild hybrid a couple of months ago. No issues with it at all and I really like it. The ride height you frankly won’t notice unless you park next to a non-CC. On a motorway run it’s doing over 40 mpg which I was pleasantly surprised by. The hybrid gear adds very little to the driving experience and you won’t notice any significant differences to a normal petrol. Mine’s Onyx Black with a blond interior and the pano roof which is a lovely combination but high maintenance!

Dislikes: the gearbox isn’t particularly responsive, but the car feels reasonably rapid once it sorts itself out. The built in Spotify app isn’t great (buffers a lot) and I’m not a fan of the Sat Nav. Fortunately, I have Apple CarPlay fitted which solves the last two issues. The sliding cover for the cup holders won’t stay shut and the lane keeping assist is absolutely hopeless compared to my previous VW (not that I use it). Other than the steep VED, I’m very pleased with the purchase.
DoctorX is offline   Reply With Quote