Thread: Is this a scam?
View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2021, 08:36   #43
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulchro View Post
Drove from London to see this ebay car in the Lake District today (6 hours each way in the rain) Despite the guy who is selling it ( for his father.... ) telling me it was absolutely rust free....
It is a rust bucket, loads of filler, fibre glass over the inner wings, obvious holes, bad welding... The bucket loads of NOS spares he claimed to have were largely rubbish too....

Save yourselves a journey.... its so not worth it....
I think the least that we enthusiasts can do is give a big thankyou for your time,fuel and wear/tear on your transport just to satisfy the curiosity of many wishing to embark on a now very rare classic.

There's really only one way to deal with those constant thoughts of saving another classic and taking on the challenge and that's to do what you've done.
I did the same 8 years ago, looking for an Amazon l drove down to Devon with a trailer on the back of my 940 only to find the photo's enhanced the car and the seller was basically an eccentric idiot.
BUT 12 months later a "stored" Amazon came up 10 miles from my home and "we are still together"..............lifes funny that way so never give up hope.
And thankyou again.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post: