View Single Post
Old Dec 28th, 2022, 14:31   #1
trampintransit

Default My Mate's 240..cold start...

Mate has a 240 Auto B230 injection...it's getting worse and worse and he just won't use a forum to try to get help from those who know....so I'm I'm gonna try on his behalf....

It's got LPG fitted....but, cold starting on petrol is a nightmare. It takes 10-15 seconds of cranking, then sits there all recalitrant and grumpy. The tick over is lumpy as hell and for 10mins there is no hope of going anywhere, putting into drive and loading it and it just cuts out. Eventually, once it's properly warm it'll move off, but sounding like it's missing. Once really warm and on LPG it's ..kind of OK.
Now, to me, it feels like the engine coolant sensor is maybe away and it's trying to start and run whilst 'thinking' it's already warm...BUT...the temperature gauge seems to behave normally...so..my first question is...is there two temperature senders? Is there one independent of the gauge sender that's 'missinforming' the fueling?

One thing we have learned about it over the last few years is that it seems to benefit from plug changes much more regulalry than might be considered normal. Does LPG 'wear' plugs faster than petrol. The plugs that are in it have been there for...dunno...20k? not long enough to be the cause of quite such extreme symptoms to my mind. Pretty convinced thatr the problem is miss-fueling ....if it's not the sender....where should we be looking?

Last edited by trampintransit; Dec 28th, 2022 at 15:08.
trampintransit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trampintransit For This Useful Post: