View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 09:47   #16
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
you shouldn't miss a heated screen, a volvo doesn't need one , it's a marketing thing ... the normal defroster works very well as they always have going right back to the 140 which had the hottest heater ever tested by MOTOR magazine ( 38C )

Take a look here , If it is not in this catalogue you cant fit it ...

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb
With all due respect, I'm not sure about that. While I'm not sure I'd bother replacing a screen to get a heated one, I think to say a Volvo doesn't need one ins't strictly valid. I can't say for my current B5 as I haven't had it in winter months yet, but my previous D5 XC90 took an age to get hot air coming through the vents, it was one of my annoyances that it would take so long to get the cabin temperature warming up when you started a journey. I'm sure if you put XC90's in an ice covered screen melting race, the one with a heated screen would be done way faster than the one without. There is potentially an environmental benefit to the heated screen too, as they reduce the time the car is sat idling waiting for the heater to warm up enough to clear the screen.

:wq