View Single Post
Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 13:00   #8
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existential Crisis View Post
I've sold dozens of cars on Ebay including several classic volvos, never had an issue. I'm glad you sold your car and hope it went to a good enthusiast owner, but similarly would not be surprised to see it back for sale after a bucket of water and a polish as this forum can be just as bad as anywhere else for that. And so what? If a satisfactory deal is strick, both parties are happy and the next chap becomes the owner, the car is theirs to do with what they wish. I have sold and missed cars, regretted letting them go, but never felt any rancour against the next custodian, its their property. If they wanna paint it pink and put an exhaust you could put your heid in, banger race it or sell it on for a profit, its their decision. If the thought of such a thing happening horrified me so much I'd not sell the car, simple.
Agreed^^^^^^

I sold my Silver Cloud III on ebay after 33 years of ownership. Perfect sale to an enthusiast who promised to cherish it as much as I had. Even asked if I wanted to keep in touch with updates from time to time. I declined the offer as I explained I had cherished the car and now it was his to do as he saw fit and it was time for me to move on. 12 months later it was for sale again in a dealers showroom. Once something is sold all control is gone.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: