View Single Post
Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 12:17   #7
Existential Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnags View Post
Thanks for the interest. A deal has now been done, and the car is sold.

SteveP - if you really want to deal with all the crap on Ebay when selling a 27 year old car that will only appear to enthusiasts, on behalf of your aging mother with dementia who is going to be distressed by the sale anyway, good luck to you mate
I've sold dozens of cars on Ebay including several classic volvos, never had an issue. I'm glad you sold your car and hope it went to a good enthusiast owner, but similarly would not be surprised to see it back for sale after a bucket of water and a polish as this forum can be just as bad as anywhere else for that. And so what? If a satisfactory deal is strick, both parties are happy and the next chap becomes the owner, the car is theirs to do with what they wish. I have sold and missed cars, regretted letting them go, but never felt any rancour against the next custodian, its their property. If they wanna paint it pink and put an exhaust you could put your heid in, banger race it or sell it on for a profit, its their decision. If the thought of such a thing happening horrified me so much I'd not sell the car, simple.
Existential Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote