View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 15:23   #22
sholtby
Premier Member

Default RE: Should I get my car Rica'd?

Hello Don,

I have decided to try a Rica upgrade because of the favourable comments I have read on this and other sites. The impression I get from you and others is that a MBC doesnt provide any significand power gains but my 'butt dyno' says different. It wouldnt surprise me if I was getting about 260 bhp with it but I have no proof of this. I hope you are correct in saying that I will notice a significant gain with yours or any of the other chips you mentioned. If Adam is true to his word I should get a full refund if this isnt the case.
You mention that all the chips produced similar bhp during a RR session you held but I have read other threads saying that Rica was better. Its difficult to know whats best when you are inexperienced as I am. The cost of your chip is a lot less than Rica which is a big plus. We really need to get some more head to head tests done to validate the claims of the different manufacturers.
If I can acheive about 300 bhp from my car I'll be well pleased and avoid any further rod bending upgrades. But as I've said power is addictive. The little 15g turbo is certainly going to be revving its brains out to produce Ricas claimed figures.
Thanks for your comments.

Simon

sholtby is offline   Reply With Quote