View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 13:09   #6
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsfield View Post
Well on my 2012 XC70 it doesn't. I wish it did as "sports" driving is about having the car in the right gear for an impending manoeuvrer. On my Geartronic when you push the lever left the car continues to career along in a high gear unless you nudge the manual change. If you apply the brakes and reduce the raod speed the gearbox catches up but is reactive and not proactive. You cannot get the "Sports" mode to make forced down changes at all, you have to use the manual system to do that. Frankly I was disappointed as my previous cars had ZF auto boxes which always dropped one gear, whatever gear they were in, when you pressed the "Sports" button and I came to adopt that as a driving technique. I've mentioned this before and had others say that their Geartronic box drops down a gear when you put it in sports mode but for sure mine doesn't
It sounds like your car might pre-date the change - if you move the gear lever to the left and Sport Mode is enabled, on the dashboard gear selector display there will be an "S" lit up in orange. If you then start selecting gears it will show the gear number. if you don't get the orange S then your car doesn't have that feature, and you select Sport mode by stamping on the accelerator rather than gradually pressing it.

This explains it : https://www.volvocars.com/en-th/supp...x---geartronic
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Sep 9th, 2021 at 13:11.
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote