View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2021, 19:54   #20
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanadeo View Post
Fixed my horn.

I still need the units (they're on the way) but the slip connector I have fixed. I was going to order one off Skandix but the price of shipping was bringing it to nearly £50.. Soo I found a fat nail and a spring from a guitar pickup and did this..

Worked fine ever since.
Don't know if you noticed but the Skandix link said those were NLA so well done on the fix!

I've done quite a few repairs (and in some cases upgrades!) using alternative parts - for example the ARB drop-links on my other beast are prone to wearing rapidly and the only ones available are NOS - they were new in 1998 though!

As such they even more quickly so i devised a slightly different bush i could pour myself using cold-cure PU (like polybushes but home made) and with a larger area of rubber to cope with the movement.

Likewise i used some Polybushes (off the shelf) to repair the upper wishbone bearing (which is really a bush with a phosphor bronze insert) with PU top-hat bushes, again increasing the area where the most wear would take place.

Always on the lookout for imrpovised fixes that will last!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: