Thread: 240 General: - Mot passed - is it too lean?
View Single Post
Old Jun 9th, 2022, 13:59   #7
JMallows

Thanks for all the advice, sorry I've been away for a bit. The car is new to me, hence still finding out a few things about it. My dad has had it since 1992, and recently allowed me to have it, at last! I've wanted it for 30 odd years. Its not perfect, but I am enjoying it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It is a touch weak 1.5% would be preferable but if it is running smoothly i wouldn't worry too much . 3.5% is the limit .. you have Bosch K-Jetronic .

All those items should have been picked up on your last service , if you neglect them you will have to get them all done at once which is what has happened ..
As i say its new to me, so i could be wrong, but i expected it to run a bit better. It basically is a little rough at idle (dad says it did it with a warm engine, but i'm finding it with all temps), and smells quite strongly of fuel. It does idle quite slow (rev counter is intermittent so cant tell you what!). I am tempted to give the CO a 1/4 of a turn? Just don't know which screw.... done it on the Weber carb a fair few times, so not completely unfamiliar with the process.

As to the rack ends, i really have no clue about them at all... is there a symptom i should look out for, it seems to drive ok, if a little tail happy around corners (which i suspect are the bushes?)

Thanks, I'll try and get some pics up too, see if anyone is interested?!
JMallows is offline   Reply With Quote